The voice of the Canadian wine industry
Why join WGC?
It is crucial that the Canadian wine industry has a strong, unified voice, to ensure continued prosperity and build greater opportunities for all wineries across the country. As a WGC member, your winery business will also receive benefits that will allow you to become more competitive. In fact, the annual savings from WGC efforts often cover or exceed the cost of membership.
Working with the federal government, we succeeded in achieving unanimous support for Bill C-311, legalizing direct wine delivery in Canada.
- Development of first-ever national economic impact report on the Canadian wine industry.
- Protection of VQA and Icewine trademarks.
- Notification and analysis of emerging market issues and trends.
- Pro-active engagement on social responsibility, including Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines.
- Focus on growing domestic market share and supporting export opportunities.
- Ensure competitive tax and regulatory environment, including excise tax exemption (valued at $25 million/year).
- Influential representation at international and national events.
- Leadership on critical policy and regulatory issues, including labelling and food safety.
- Close relationships with Parliamentarians and senior government officials.
- Increasing political support for national market access issues (i.e. direct delivery).
- Increased visibility through a strong business network.
- Meet and exchange information with wine industry leaders.
- Opportunities to showcase your wine at Parliamentary reception events and Canadian Association of Liquor Jurisdiction events.
- Participation in WGC’s annual events and annual general meeting.
Education and Information Sharing
- Exclusive weekly e-mail news including special reports.
- Information on wine related topics: low calorie labelling, export readiness and opportunities, taxation and regulation.
- Free access to safe winemaking and HACCP platform (winesecure.ca).
- Access to statistical consulting service and discounted monthly industry sales statistics.